Hope Veterinary Specialists is always interested in hearing from experienced, compassionate professionals interested in being part of a caring and vibrant team.
We have a truly exceptional team of nurses; many have achieved speciality certification, and this dedication, as well as skill level and experience, make significant and positive differences in the care our patients receive. Also, our technician assistants play an integral part in the daily care and well-being of patients. Always available to help—and always learning—our technician assistants participate in a structured, three-level assistant program that respects their knowledge and abilities and allows them to continually grow.
Because we look for and aim to hire the best, our own benefits package and additional incentives also rank with the best. We offer the following:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Life and disability insurance
- Paid time off
- Matching 401k
- Uniform (including shoes and stethoscopes) allowance
- Professional association allowance
- Continuing education allowance (as well as in-hospital continuing education sessions)
- Competitive pay (commensurate with experience)
- Pet care discounts
Any open positions for per diem veterinarians, veterinary technicians, technician assistants, and administrative staff will be posted below.
Assistant to Director of Operations- Posted 1.9.19
Hope Veterinary Specialists is seeking a highly motivated, detail oriented, business professional to join the team of our growing veterinary specialty and emergency practice. The ideal candidate enjoys working in a diverse, multifaceted position and possesses a strong financial background. They are proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Quickbooks. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required. This position will report to the Director of Business Operations but will also work alongside and in conjunction with a diverse group of veterinary professionals. Adaptability, reliability, and out-of-the-box thinking is highly valued. This position is offered full-time with excellent benefits. Please contact [email protected] for more information regarding this position.
Patient Services Coordinator- Posted 1.9.19
Job Duties Include:
Primarily responsible for entering charges for all hospitalized patients(including specialty and surgery cases).
- All charges should be entered by Noon and rechecked for any additions to the chart one hour prior to the end of the shift.
- Review and enter charges for any inpatients that were hospitalized over the weekend.
- Review invoices for patients discharged over the weekend and make any corrections or adjustments. Inform owners of any refunds or omissions (will need access to reopen invoices). E-mail owners corrected invoice.
- Communicate with all attending doctors to find out which patient invoices need to be addressed first and if there are any issues.
- Have working knowledge of patient’s medical records and progress notes to catch any diagnostics or treatments that may have inadvertently not made it into the treatment sheet
- Provide a final review of the invoice for a patient being discharged before making the invoice “ready to checkout”.
- Ensure that charges entered are under the appropriate clinician and date.
- Review all estimates as entering charges for hospitalized patients.
- Communicate updated estimate to the client which may include calling, texting, e-mailing. Document conversation.
- Collect additional deposits as appropriate.
- Print updated estimates to place in reception for client’s signature, along with any receipts from additional deposits.
- Document client conversations into the appropriate location.
- Close updated estimate alerts when both signed consents and additional deposit have been received.
- Inform the emergency department you are available to help with discharges.
- Review and communicate with doctors which patients are being discharged that day.
- Review instructions and be sure all meds are filled and any pertinent client educational information is included.
- Thoroughly review discharges with the client.
- Encourage questions and ask for understanding.
- Obtain clients signature on discharge forms and then sign, as well.
Emergency Client Follow-up Calls
- Pull discharge list and call clients which were discharged within the last 48 hours.
- Document conversation
- Direct any questions to the appropriate doctor or service.
Emergency Department Call-backs
- Assist the ER department by helping review and respond to client messages.
- Assist other departments with medication refills.
- Assist the business office with any administrative tasks as needed.
- Detail orientated.
- Be able to multi-task and prioritize tasks in the appropriate order.
- Organize and express ideas clearly, concisely, and accurately, verbally and in writing.
- Work independently.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of veterinary medicine.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Please contact [email protected] for more information regarding this position or apply below.
Hope Veterinary Specialists is seeking full-time/part-time client specialists/front office staff for a unique opportunity in our hospital. If you are a considering a change of pace and have at least one years' experience working in a "front of the house" position in a veterinary hospital we may have just the position for you. Previous experience in a specialty veterinary hospital would be even more valuable. The position requires a strong background in customer service and exceptional client interaction skills. The environment is fast-paced and never boring and you will interact with some of the most interesting pet owners and highly-trained veterinarians in southeastern Pennsylvania.
As a veterinarian owned practice, Hope Veterinary Specialists is unique in the culture we have built. We pride ourselves in fostering a culture that is free of the corporate influence that is becoming more common in veterinary medicine. We value teamwork and a strong work ethic but strive to provide a work-life balance. We feel that a cohesive work environment fosters a healthy and strong community of doctors and support staff. We also believe in extending our culture through community outreach through the support of public events and charities in our area. Our 21,000 sq. ft. practice includes a 16-slice CT, dedicated ICU, fluoroscopy, in-house laboratory (CBC/Chemistry/NOVA, PT/PTT), endoscopy, digital radiology, and minimally invasive surgery capability. On-site MRI and a Cyberknife, as well as a traditional Linear Accelerator for radiation oncology cases, are located adjacent to our building.
Should you be interested in Hope Veterinary Specialists, you will not be disappointed as we have a vibrant, young, enthusiastic and growing practice with a wonderful culture of cooperation and comradery. Working here is not just a job but also a unique opportunity to challenge the status quo in veterinary medicine and develop every aspect of your potential to its limit. We believe in practicing both the science and the art of veterinary medicine in an environment that fosters out of the box thinking, collaboration, and communication amongst each other and the outside world and having fun while doing so.
Job Description - Client Specialists are a vital member of the HopeVS team. They are the first point of contact for the hospital and are the initial builders of our relationship with clients and the veterinary community. We pride ourselves on exceptional client service in conjunction with the quality of care to our patients. Whether by phone, email or in person, our clients should have an above-average experience from our Client Specialists. We are constantly growing and evolving to better serve our patients and clients.
Full-Time: Friday, Saturday & Sunday 8a-8p, Monday-Friday 4p-12a, and Monday- Friday 9a-5p at the call center
You will need the following to be a successful Client Specialist:
- Previous veterinary receptionist experience is required.
- Ability to work in a team environment. Must be energetic, enthusiastic and positive.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have strong organizational skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced, high call volume environment and be computer and software savvy.
- You will be expected to work with other staff members to cover shifts during lunches, vacations and other times of need.
- You will be required to work closely with our technicians and doctors in order to provide an exceptional veterinary health care experience for our clients.
- You will be required to learn and utilize our hospital protocols and apply them accordingly.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
At Hope VS we have a truly exceptional team of veterinary nurses; many have achieved specialty certification, and this dedication, as well as skill level and experience, make significant and positive differences in the care our patients receive. We are continuously seeking to meet vibrant and energetic individuals who wish to contribute positively to our profession. If you are a registered or certified veterinary technician from an AVMA accredited college or an individual with valuable and significant experience in the field of veterinary medicine, we want to hear from you! We offer nursing opportunities in Anesthesia, Cardiology, Emergency, In-Patient Care, ICU, Internal Medicine, Medical Oncology, Neurology, Surgery, and Surgery Appointment Technician. Please contact [email protected] for more information and current openings.
To learn more about nursing career opportunities at Hope VS, please visit our nursing page HERE.
Hope Veterinary Specialists has built upon and fine-tuned our Technician Assistant Program since 2005. We seek out individuals who wish to enter the field of veterinary medicine as either a nurse or a doctor one day. Our perfect location in Chester County is convenient to many college and universities and we offer flexible hours to fit a student schedule. We believe our Technician Assistant Program is one of the best and feel our assistants play an integral part in the daily care and well-being of patients. Always available to help—and always learning—our technician assistants participate in a structured, three-level assistant program that respects their knowledge and abilities and allows them to continually grow. We believe this helps to ensure success in our program and prepare our assistants for the next step in their veterinary careers. If you would like to acquire more information regarding the program please contact [email protected], for current opportunities or fill out the form below.