Hope Veterinary Specialists is always interested in hearing from experienced, compassionate professionals interested in being part of a caring and vibrant team.
We have a truly exceptional team of nurses; many have achieved speciality certification, and this dedication, as well as skill level and experience, make significant and positive differences in the care our patients receive. Also, our technician assistants play an integral part in the daily care and well-being of patients. Always available to help—and always learning—our technician assistants participate in a structured, three-level assistant program that respects their knowledge and abilities and allows them to continually grow.
Because we look for and aim to hire the best, our own benefits package and additional incentives also rank with the best. We offer the following:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Life and disability insurance
- Paid time off
- Matching 401k
- Uniform (including shoes and stethoscopes) allowance
- Professional association allowance
- Continuing education allowance (as well as in-hospital continuing education sessions)
- Competitive pay (commensurate with experience)
- Pet care discounts
Any open positions for per diem veterinarians, veterinary technicians, technician assistants, and administrative staff will be posted below.
Patient Services Coordinator
Job Duties Include:
Primarily responsible for entering charges for all hospitalized patients (including specialty and surgery cases).
• All charges should be entered by Noon and rechecked for any additions to the chart one hour prior to the end of the shift.
• Review and enter charges for any inpatient's that were hospitalized over the weekend.
• Review invoices for patients discharged over the weekend and make any corrections or adjustments. Inform owners of any refunds or omissions (will need access to reopen invoices). E-mail owner corrected invoice.
• Communicate with all attending doctors to find out which patient invoices need to be addressed first and if there are any issues.
• Have working knowledge of patient’s medical records and progress notes to catch any diagnostics or treatments that may have inadvertently not made it into the treatment sheet
• Provide a final review of the invoice for a patient being discharged before making the invoice “ready to checkout”.
• Ensure that charges entered are under the appropriate clinician and date.
• Review all estimates as entering charges for hospitalized patients.
• Place WF message to the doctor if an updated estimate is needed.
• Communicate updated estimate to the client which may include calling, texting, emailing. Document conversation in WF.
• Collect additional deposits as appropriate and enter into WF.
• Print updated estimates to place in reception for the client’s signature, along with any receipts from additional deposits.
• Document client conversations into WF in appropriate location.
• Close updated estimate alerts when both signed consents and additional deposits have been received.
Emergency Client Follow-up Calls
• Pull discharge list (TG to create) and call ER clients which were discharged within the last 48 hours.
• Document conversation in WF.
• Direct any questions to the appropriate doctor or service.
Emergency Department Call-backs
• Assist the ER department by helping review and respond to client messages in WF.
• Fields incoming client complaints.
• Address any billing or invoice related questions.
• All other complaints are received, documented, and forwarded to the appropriate department or doctor.
• Provides clients with a general time frame in which they may expect a response.
• Follow-up in a week to see if the client has been contacted.
• Assist other departments with medication refills.
• Assist business office with any administrative tasks as needed.
• Assist in processing client insurance claims.
• Detail orientated.
• Customer service-oriented.
• Be able to multi-task and prioritize tasks in the appropriate order.
• Organize and express ideas clearly, concisely, and accurately verbally and in writing.
• Work independently.
• Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of veterinary medicine.
• Nursing experience or equivalent beneficial.
Please contact [email protected] for more information regarding this position or apply below.
Hope Veterinary Specialists is seeking full-time/part-time client specialists/front office staff for a unique opportunity in our hospital. If you are considering a change of pace and have at least one years' experience working in a "front of the house" position in a veterinary hospital we may have just the position for you. Previous experience in a specialty veterinary hospital would be even more valuable. The position requires a strong background in customer service and exceptional client interaction and communication skills. The environment is fast-paced and never boring and you will interact with some of the most interesting pet owners and highly-trained veterinarians in southeastern Pennsylvania.
Hope Veterinary Specialists is unique in the culture we have built. We value teamwork and a strong work ethic but strive to provide a work-life balance. We feel that a cohesive work environment fosters a healthy and strong community of doctors and support staff. We also believe in extending our culture through community outreach through the support of public events and charities in our area. Our 21,000 sq. ft. practice includes a 16-slice CT, dedicated ICU, fluoroscopy, in-house laboratory (CBC/Chemistry/NOVA, PT/PTT), endoscopy, digital radiology, and minimally invasive surgery capability. On-site MRI and a Cyberknife, as well as a traditional Linear Accelerator for radiation oncology cases, are located adjacent to our building.
Should you be interested in Hope Veterinary Specialists, you will not be disappointed as we have a vibrant, young, enthusiastic, and growing practice with a wonderful culture of cooperation and comradery. Working here is not just a job but also a unique opportunity to challenge the status quo in veterinary medicine and develop every aspect of your potential to its limit. We believe in practicing both the science and the art of veterinary medicine in an environment that fosters out of the box thinking, collaboration, and communication amongst each other and the outside world and having fun while doing so.
Job Description - Client Specialists are a vital member of the HopeVS team. They are the first point of contact for the hospital and are the initial builders of our relationship with clients and the veterinary community. We pride ourselves on exceptional client service in conjunction with the quality of care to our patients. Whether by phone, email, or in person, our clients should have an above-average experience from our Client Specialists. We are constantly growing and evolving to better serve our patients and clients.
Monday - Friday 8am -4pm
Monday - Friday 3pm -11pm
Friday - Sunday 11am -11pm
Saturday 4pm - 12am
Sunday 6pm - 2am
You will need the following to be a successful Client Specialist:
- High-level customer service experience is required. Previous veterinary receptionist experience is beneficial and an added benefit.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced, high call volume environment and be computer and software savvy.
- Ability to work in a team environment. Must be energetic, enthusiastic, and positive.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have strong organizational skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
- You will be expected to work with other staff members to cover shifts during lunches, vacations, and other times of need.
- You will be required to work closely with our technicians and doctors in order to provide an exceptional veterinary health care experience for our clients.
- You will be required to learn and utilize our hospital protocols and apply them accordingly.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
At Hope VS we have a truly exceptional team of veterinary nurses; many have achieved specialty certification, and this dedication, as well as skill level and experience, make significant and positive differences in the care our patients receive. We are continuously seeking to meet vibrant and energetic individuals who wish to contribute positively to our profession. If you are a registered or certified veterinary technician from an AVMA accredited college or an individual with valuable and significant experience in the field of veterinary medicine, we want to hear from you! We offer nursing opportunities in Anesthesia, Cardiology, Emergency, In-Patient Care, ICU, Internal Medicine, Medical Oncology, Neurology, Surgery, and Surgery Appointment Technician. Please contact [email protected] for more information and current openings.
To learn more about nursing career opportunities at Hope VS, please visit our nursing page HERE.
Hope Veterinary Specialists has built upon and fine-tuned our Technician Assistant Program since 2005. We seek out individuals who wish to enter the field of veterinary medicine as either a nurse or a doctor one day. Our perfect location in Chester County is convenient to many college and universities and we offer flexible hours to fit a student schedule. We believe our Technician Assistant Program is one of the best and feel our assistants play an integral part in the daily care and well-being of patients. Always available to help—and always learning—our technician assistants participate in a structured, three-level assistant program that respects their knowledge and abilities and allows them to continually grow. We believe this helps to ensure success in our program and prepare our assistants for the next step in their veterinary careers. If you would like to acquire more information regarding the program please contact [email protected], for current opportunities or fill out the form below.