Everyone at Hope was so nice and compassionate. Strangers I met in the lobby consoled me. You knew everyone who stepped through Hope's doors loved animals.
Ilona and Bill
If your pet does need surgery, there are some guidelines we’ll need you to follow. While we will go over these with you personally, this will give you an idea of what to expect:
- Do not feed your pet after midnight the night before surgery. You can, however, have water available
- Please ask if regular medications can be given as this will vary depending on the specific medications.
- Please drop your pet off at Hope VS by 7:30am the morning of surgery and bring with you any medications your pet is currently receiving along with a written administration schedule. If you need a refill of any medications, please let us know when you drop your pet off for surgery.
- Update the admitting technician or doctor on how your pet is doing at home and note any changes that have occurred.
- Be sure to take your pet’s leash and collar with you when you leave. Toys, blankets, and the like can be left with your pet but we cannot make any promises that they will stay with your pet or be returned to you if they become soiled. Our laundry facility is, as you might expect, a large and busy place; personal belongings, once they go to be laundered, may not find their way back again.
- Be prepared to leave a deposit for surgery upon dropping off your pet. The remaining balance will be due when you return to bring your pet home.