Hope is about 85 miles from my home and I wish that we had a place like Hope nearby…It was a "wow" experience. Everyone was so nice and caring of both Raven and I.
Now enrolling patients in a trial for Palladia-induced diarrhea
HopeVS is currently recruiting patients to participate in a partially-funded trial to evaluate the efficacy and safety of Crofelemer, a medication for the treatment of Palladia® chemotherapy-induced diarrhea (CID).
- Dogs, male or female intact or spayed/neutered, >1 year old, between 2.3 and 82 kg
- Dogs with diarrhea after at least 3 doses of Palladia and that meet the minimum Purina Fecal Score
- Pregnant or lactating females
- Hemorrhagic diarrhea
- Known intestinal parasites
- Medical conditions (i.e., gastrointestinal autoimmune disease, pancreatitis) which, in the opinion of the Investigator, would compromise normal absorption)
- Therapeutic diet for diarrhea within the preceding 7 days
- On opioid or probiotic therapy for less than 30 days
(More detailed inclusion and exclusion criteria can be discussed with the doctor and technician)
The sponsor will cover the costs of the study medication, screening consultation and final visits, and study-related diagnostic lab tests.
Primary Investigators at HopeVS: Dr. Christine Mullin, Dr. Craig Clifford, Dr. Kate Vickery,
For more information please contact us: