All of the staff, from the front desk to the nurses to the doctors, not only took care of my Lex, but they also took care of me - and for that I am grateful!
Many individuals share a deep connection with their pets and consider them to be best friends and beloved members of the family. Due to this strong attachment, owners can become overwhelmed when the well-being of their pet is impacted by a devastating illness or traumatic event. The Hope staff acknowledges the incredible relationship between the clients and their ever-faithful companion animals and is dedicated to reinforcing the bond through our high standard of care and service. The Support Services Program is incorporated into the framework of Hope Veterinary Specialists and offers a unique advantage to clients who would appreciate a sounding board during challenging circumstances.
Methods of Support:
- Help clients cope with adversity.
- Assist clients with making difficult decisions.
- Update clients during treatments and following surgical procedures.
- Strengthen the relationship between the veterinary team and clients.
- Support clients as they navigate end-of-life decisions.
- Provide a calming presence during diagnostic testing, treatment, and euthanasia.
- Lend support following the loss of a pet.
- Connect clients to community resources, when necessary.
The Support Services Program at Hope Veterinary Specialists is free of charge and is coordinated by Jennifer Durn, MSW, LSW. Ask your medical team or the reception staff for an introduction or contact Jennifer at 610-296-2099 or email@example.com. Support is provided in person, over the phone, and through email.